Monday, September 1, 2008

Moe Bar...get fried.

I am going to have to throw down the term "old school" here. A very 70's rocker feeling going on at the Moe Bar, but maybe it has something to do with its history? Go figure.
The bar next door to the live-music club Neumo's, the Moe Bar is, in my opinion one of the happiest of happy hours on Capital Hill in Seattle. Easy access to any hill dweller and one of the closest drinks to Seattle University. I am a huge fan.
You can order mall bites off of the Fish Fry (a neighboring restaurant's) happy hour menu and enjoy fried cod, catfish, tuna etc. while you drink a 2 buck well, and spend even less for beer. Fried potatoes and fried zucchini are the gut BOMB. A fun-frenzy of Cheez-its were delivered to our table in a wide mouth glass along side our drinks. A classy touch.  Beverages were tasty and inexpensive. My favorite combo. 
The atmosphere at the Moe Bar is laid back and easy. People watching is interesting, lots of black eyeliner and tattoos. Usually one or two bartenders pouring makes for some spotty attendance at your table, but not spotty enough that I wasn't asked a time or two if I wanted another. Yes please.

No comments: